1. What we do
- As an independent consulting firm, specialising in particular types of personal injury work we may recommend you a solicitor who is an independent professional from whom you will receive impartial and confidential advice. In return for recommending a particular solicitor we will received a payment from them of not more than £400.00 plus VAT. You are free to choose another solicitor if you wish.
- We carry out work on your behalf as well as on behalf of the recommended solicitor.
- We assist you as well as the solicitors with appropriate translation of documents and related information.
- We obtain questionnaires and statements from you and witnesses.
- We explain solicitor’s documentation to you.
- We arrange conference calls in your native language on your and/ or solicitor’s request.
- We obtain photographic and locus evidence where appropriate.
- We remain available throughout the duration of the claim to deal with any problems or queries that may arise and to liaise with you at the request of the appointed solicitor.
- We promise that you will be kept informed of progress throughout the claims process and updated regularly, once your claim is commenced by the solicitor. Any requests for information will be met promptly
2. What we require from you
- You will be asked to provide proof of your ID and address as per current Money Laundering regulations.
- You will be asked to check whether you have any form of Before the Event legal expenses insurance [BTE]. It is very important that details of any such insurance cover are made known to us and/or the appointed solicitor. You should check all insurance policies, credit cards etc. and if in doubt, pass these to us for examination.
- You must also tell the appointed solicitors of any change in your circumstances that might even slightly affect your claim.
- You have to make sure that you listen carefully to all the expert and legal advice that is given to you about your claim.
- If there are offers of settlement, you must listen to the advice of the solicitors about whether the offers are reasonable or not. If they recommend that you should accept an offer of a sum to settle your claim, and explain why, then if you do not wish to accept it, they may be entitled to ask you to make arrangements to pay their fees and let them withdraw. It is a serious matter if you do not accept their advice.
- You must let us know should you wish to provide any information directly to solicitors, as otherwise, we are not responsible for the consequences of submission of such information.
- You must not deliberately mislead us.
3. Termination of your claim
- You have the right to cancel this contract without incurring any charges if you wish and can do so by delivering, sending (including electronic mail) a cancellation notice to the address shown on the top of this letter at any time within 7 days starting with the day of receipt of this Notice. Notice of cancellation is deemed to be served as soon as it is received by us. You can use the cancellation form provided below if you wish. If you withdraw from your claim, or abandon it, against the advice of the solicitor, or you cease to pursue it through your arrangement with our service, then under the agreement with the solicitor you may have to pay all their costs, fees and disbursements up to that time.
- You also have to give your solicitors instructions at the beginning, enabling them to make the payments that form part of our service. Those payments will be part of their disbursements for the purposes of these terms and the agreement they make with you.
- If during the progress of your claim, we or the solicitors or their insurers discover that the claim can no longer be justified, we have the right to withdraw. This might be because of information that has come to light about the matter, making it no longer reasonably likely that we can succeed in obtaining compensation for you. If this happens, you will have nothing to pay, provided that you have not deliberately misled us.
4. If you lose your claim
- We promise that you will pay nothing if your claim does not succeed, provided that you’ve not deliberately misled us and were co-operative throughout the process..
5. If you win your claim
- If your solicitors win your claim, you are liable to pay all their basic charges, their expenses and disbursements such as experts’ fees, Court fees, accident report fees, translation fees etc.; and the success fee (up to the maximum limit of 25%).
- You are entitled to seek recovery from your opponent of part or all of their basic charges and disbursements, but not the success fee or any ATE [After the Event] insurance premium, which solicitors may have to take out on your behalf in some cases. That maximum limit is 25% of the total amount of any general damages for pain suffering and loss of amenity and damages for pecuniary loss, other than future pecuniary loss. However, this maximum limit applies only to a success fee for proceedings at first instance and not to a success fee on other proceedings (such as, for example, an appeal against a final judgment or order).
6. Our Fee
- The fee you agree to pay us for translation services should be recoverable disbursement in your case, reasonably incurred by you as you as your English is not sufficient to fully understand legal and other important documents. However our fee will only be deducted from your damages award where recovery of our fee is not possible.
- Our fee is calculated as follows: Conducting telephone consultation (per minute) £2.00 plus VAT; Conducting telephone conference call (per minute) £2.00 plus; VAT Reading and translating medical appointment letter £50.00 plus VAT; Reading and translating engineer’s report £60.00 plus VAT; Reading and translating medical report & the letter, Form of Authority £115.00 plus VAT; Reading and translating advice letter, Form of Authority £55.00 plus VAT; Reading and translating advice letter, Particulars of Claim, Form of Authority £120.00 plus VAT; Reading and translating advice letter, physio invoice and discharge report £65.00 plus VAT; Reading and translating advice letter and List of Documents £65.00 plus VAT; Reading and translating advice letter and preliminary statement £115.00 plus VAT; Reading and translating requests for information that need a response £25.00 plus VAT.
- A copy of our Complaints Handling Procedure is available on our website: www.claimok.co.uk/complaints. In the event of a complaint which cannot be resolved by the usual methods of discussion, you should write to us at the address shown on the top of this letter. If you are still unsatisfied, please write to If you are still unsatisfied, please write to Legal Ombudsman, Po Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ.
- Alternatively, complaints can be made to the solicitor appointed to deal with your claim, details of whom will be provided upon request.
Every effort is made to ensure that information made available to view on this website is up to date and accurate. However, it may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors and may be changed or updated without notice. Klevas Consulting may provide links and/or information to other partner/affiliate websites. Klevas Consulting is not responsible for the content of these websites and any transaction or information used is solely at your own risk and is subject to the terms and conditions of those websites. We understand that the personal information you supply to us is important and confidential. We will treat it as such. You can travel through most of our site without giving us any information about yourself. But sometimes we do need information to provide services that you request. All information supplied to us via the online claim form or otherwise may be passed on to relevant companies or organisations in order to deal with your enquiry. Your details will not be forwarded or divulged to any third party without your express permission.
|Comments & Complaints